Next Wednesday, Mustard’s creative director Simon Dunn will be sharing his knowledge with the MRX community in an MRS design training tailored to data, research and insight companies. This is an essential course for anyone interested in improving their storytelling abilities through the design of reports and presentations for clients.
Simon says, “We are all designers… we use graphic design software every day in the form of PowerPoint. Yet we are never taught the fundamental principles of design, why does one design look good and another not? Why for some unidentified reason does a slide or a chart look wrong?”
Simon created the course to enable researchers to become better designers. Attendees will:
- Learn the principles of good design and how to apply them.
- Learn to source and evaluate photography and iconography.
- Learn PowerPoint tips and tricks to speed up and improve the use of PPT to follow the principles of good design.
- Learn to create relevant and appropriate charts.
- Create a simple infographic using PowerPoint.
By the end of the course, attendees will have a fundamental understanding of what makes a design good or bad. They will be able to apply this to PowerPoint presentations and reports to improve them visually and support clear storytelling.
You can learn more about the course here.
Can’t make it next Wednesday? We’d be happy to host training at your company with your team.
If you’d like to schedule a training course, please contact Simon Dunn.